Austin American History - Some LCB content, but not much.

To: "Triumph Newsletter" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Austin American History - Some LCB content, but not much.
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 20:00:04 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Listers:

I was at the Frick Museum in Pittsburgh this weekend, and in the car
collection is an Austin American (Bantam).  The car was based on the English
built Austin Seven.  However, the Austin American was built in Butler, PA,
just north of Pittsburgh in the Standard Works that built railroad cars -
Standard Pullman, and is the place that the jeep was first built.  Just of
little bit of history of this part of Pennsylvania that is tied to our
beloved LBC,s.

Paul g. Wiegman
1956 TR3
Glenshaw, PA