Re: unleaded gas

To: Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu, ARhodes@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: unleaded gas
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 20:27:11 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/12/00 9:24:37 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu writes:

<< There's also the possibility that the additives in the two kinds of
gasoline
 are incompatible. Not that the mixture would explode, but they're blended
 for entirely different purposes.

While interviewing a petroleum engineer for a management position...they were
plentiful in Texas a few years ago, PEs that is, not management positions...I
asked about the various brands of gasoline sold in El Paso, TX.  We only have
one refinery in town, are hundreds of miles away from any other refinery or
pipeline, and every station in town, Exxon, Shello, 66, Chevron, etc, etc,
ect....get gas from the same refinery.

All the additives for each brand, are they put in last?, at the station? at
the pump?

Additives he said?  "after the refining process, it is against federal
reulations to tamper with the fuel in any way"

Forget brand loyalty guys, buy the cheapest...

RH