TR6 soft top installed OK

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 soft top installed OK
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:21:54 -0400
Thanks to those that offered advice and tips, and thanks to Roger Bolick
for the instructional posting to the VTR pages. I did the installation
Saturday and things went very smoothly. I put on a Robbins top, which is
well-marked for alignment and pre-punched for the holes for the rear
channel. Nice to have a rear window that can been seen through and no gaps
above the side windows. A bit of tuning on the side window seals and I may
stay dry in the rain. ;-)

One puzzler on the new top; There is a tab of material sewn on the front
either side which comes down into the side window area where the top meets
the windscreen. Any idea what I should do with this? The old top had
nothing like it, but I'm sure it's there for a reason.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (23 year owner)