Bad Engine Ground STRAP

To: "'vancross@visuallink.com'" <vancross@visuallink.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bad Engine Ground STRAP
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:27:43 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Robert-

I had this problem for years until I burnt my hand one day on the carb
return spring.  You have a BAD ENgine to Frame ground, From the left cover
of the timing cam cover to the chassis by the front cross brace is a ground
strap. The crimp between the cable and the connectors gets loose, dirty.
etc.

To check this run the black cable of a booster cable rom a Cyl Head Bolt to
the Battery Ground. Try to start- if it starts right up you've solved the
problem/.\

I thought my starter wa going bad- took it off, spun great- even had the
shop test it -TWICE- then found this simple but critical link.

Sherman D. Taffel
Columbia, MD
TR4 CT 40054L