Bikini Top

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Bikini Top
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 21:08:50 -0400
Hi Folks,
Remember this thread that was started about a year ago about cutting out
all the windows in a convertible top in an attempt to create a parasol over
your head in hot weather?
Well, I started the project on the top for my TR3A by cutting out the back
window.
I'm happy to report that going to work in it this morning there was no
buffeting (if that's the right word) or flapping about or anything else,
and I was cruising!
The next step would be to cut out the remaining two windows.  I'm wondering
if anybody has done this yet  - this might be pushing my luck - I'd hate
for the the top to snap or flap about due to the loss in integrity.
(Before you ask - I took advantage of the TRF sale and got a new top for
when its likely to rain)
Regards,  Adrian