RE: Bikini Top

To: "'Adrian Jones'" <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bikini Top
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 07:55:15 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Adrian,

There is an auto upholstery guy here in LA that has developed a zip-out rear
window for the TR-3 tops.  He takes a standard TR-3 top, and installs a
zip-out rear window, then sews in flaps to cover the zipper, so you really
don't notice that it is anything other than a stock top.  He brought one to
our club meeting a couple of months ago, and it looks great.  A bit pricey
at about $200, but this way you have the best of both worlds - air in the
summer and weather protection in the winter (as much weather protection as a
TR-3 top  provides, that is).  I can send pictures if you so desire.  NFI...
Also, I think the title of your message should read "Bimini" top, rather
than "Bikini" top (although the latter sounds more interesting <g>).  Bimini
is a brand name for a parasol type sun shade/top for small boats that has
gained generic usage to include just about any sun shade type of top.

Dennis