Re: TR3b Water Pump

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3b Water Pump
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:17:48 -0700
Randall Young wrote:

> Use a new nyloc nut, and go easy on the torque when putting the pulley on
> the new pump.  I don't recall the exact spec, but it's only 10 ftlb or so.

I might add.... some of the castings used for aftermarket TR3 pumps will
interfere with the factory pulley.  If this happens you will need to remove the
pulley and grind/file off a bit of the casting until the pulley turns without
rubbing.

Also.... I've always heard that you want to run the engine w/o coolant for a
couple of minutes to bed in the bearing in the pump.  Anybody else heard this &
know whether it's fact or myth?

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ