Re: Electronic tach

To: <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Electronic tach
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:06:35 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Art
here's a trick I learned the hard way, make sure you mark something moving
inside relative to the frame at the zero point before you remove the needle
/ pointer from the spindle to change the face, if you don't the tension on
the unit for the zero point will be lost. The rest of the info is correct,
for some units, the best thing to do is to check the component values
against one another, there is a transistor which I found to have a different
code and the resistors can be checked by the coloured rings, they do
represent values but all you need to do is a comparison for which the values
are irrelevant.

Graham.
2500PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite