Re: Triumph STAG in JAmes Bond Movie

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>, staffel@home.com
Subject: Re: Triumph STAG in JAmes Bond Movie
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:15:12 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Wasn't "Stag" a US brand name??  I had a friend when I lived in Germany
>who drove a Triumph 2.5PI.  Looked just like a Stag, though.  2.5 litre
>Petrol Injection.  4 speed with overdrive.  Four door salon.  Real nice
>car.  Real good at outrunning BMW's on the Autobahn.

Two different cars. The 2.5PI saloon followed the 2000 saloon, both of
which had the I-6 used in the TR6 and GT6. The Stag was a convertible
(drop-head coupe?) powered by a V-8, but not the same V-8 used in the TR7
V8 and Rover 3500, etc. OK?

Yes, they look very similar, especially from the front.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (23 year owner)