Re: Triumph STAG in James Bond Movie

To: staffel@home.com
Subject: Re: Triumph STAG in James Bond Movie
From: "Lawrence G. Miceli" <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:09:56 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

According to a James Bond book that I have ( James Bond Bedside
Companion, by Raymond Benson 1986), the then new Stag was used in the
film as a marketing device for BL. The exhaust note is not a Stag. The
producers felt that the V8 sound was not "British" enough and dubbed in
the exhaust noise from none other than a Triumph Herald.

Larry Miceli
Pompano Beach, Florida
Gold Coast Triumph Club
 '73 Stag   *    '66 Herald   *   '69 Jaguar XKE FHC

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.