Re: 1974 TR-6 Clutch Locating Pins

To: "Sloan, Jim" <JSloan@talisman-energy.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1974 TR-6 Clutch Locating Pins
From: "Hugh Barber"<trnut@cwnet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:22:39 PDT
Jim,

The dowels on the flywheel are for locating the pressure plate.  The competition
preparation manual says if you upgrade the size of the mounting bolts, you can
omit the dowels. IMHO, if you have already reassembled everything and its
working
OK, I wouldn't disassemble it just to deal with the missing dowel pins.  If
you did not resurface your flywheel, the squeel might be from a glazed flywheel
surface.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
'73 TR6