Subject: Re: engine swaps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: Re: engine swaps
From: "Frank & Sandy Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 04:52:52 GMT
<<I don't know that it would be worth it, but I often wondered how hard it
would be to put my 2002 motor into a Tr3. >>

Now there is a challenge.  Just took an engine out of a wrecked 2002 that
has Weber 40DCOEs, headers, ported and polished, etc., but the lower end is
shot.  No, not willing to sell, and I'll stick to stock in my TR3.

Would be exciting though - have a friend with an Elva race car (obligatory
British content) with a 2002 engine - with full race preparations including
45DCOEs, it puts out a measured 225 HP!  Now that would make a TR3 go fast,
if the rear end could stand it and the brakes could every get you stopped!

  Frank
    '59 TR3A
    '71 BMW 2002