RE: tr3b brakes - broken bleed nipple and old age

To: "'fogbro1'" <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>, Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Subject: RE: tr3b brakes - broken bleed nipple and old age
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:45:26 +0200
Cc: Richard White <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Greetings , Ed

Answers to your questions :-)

I'm a relatively young [ only 30 , so I don't think old fart is applicable ,
not yet I hope :-) ] Triumph enthusiast .

I really don't earn a lot of money , but try to restore and maintain my
Triumphs the best I can on what I can afford . If I had a lot of money I
definitely would buy new parts and most probably would have replaced most of
the old items by now . As it is , I even find it difficult to buy old parts
.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone ( old or young ), I simply love
Triumphs and use one on a daily basis .

So , in short , for myself I would say it's a case of trying to provide the
best I can to both my family and friends ( Triumphs ) . If this means new
clothes for my daughter and old parts ( or rebuilding rather than replacing
) for one of my Triumphs , so be it . At least both parties get something .

As to your entire bucket full of old rear brake cylinders : Please send them
my way . I can really make good use of any old Triumph item you don't want
:-)

Kind regards
Chris de Wet
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .