Re: tr3b brakes - broken bleed nipple and old age

To: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Subject: Re: tr3b brakes - broken bleed nipple and old age
From: fogbro1 <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:32:53 -0400
Cc: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>, Richard White <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
All,

I think Bob Westerdale got my point. Sorry if I was a bit obtuse.

Some of these wheel cylinders have been on these cars for 40 years. How
many times have they been rebuilt? Has any DPO honed the aluminum? Is
the bore round? Does the new rubber immediately begin to extrude into
the gap between either an out of round or over bored cylinder and its
piston?

There is no back up system on a TR3 y'know. That's why that thing to the
right of the tunnel is called an "emergency" brake, not a "parking"
brake.

I have years of collecting and so many $ in my TR3 that I wouldn't risk
it by using old brake parts. The cylinder are new, the lines are new,
the fronts have stainless pistons.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I certainly don't want to upset
anyone. Just want to make a point.

Ed Woods