Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:48:38 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
According to Joe Curry:

> If you do any highway driving at all (and in LA, I can't figure
> out how you can avoid it), you would really benefit from an overdrive.
> Sure, it is one more thing that can fail, but it is something that
> will take a lot of wear and tear off the engine.  I smile every time
> the OD kicks in and I can watch the revs drop by 500 rpm.  That will
> increase engine life and for my money is well worth the added
> possibility of additional problems.

Sure wish I had OD.  Just measured the mileage ont he last two tanks
of gas.  One was driving back and forth to work for a week and so was
almost exclusively city driving.  28MPG.  Sunday, I drove to a car
show (not LBC) as a spectator.  Mostly Interstate.  30MPG.  I love
driving to work for a week on $7 worth of gas instead of $35 (my other
car is a Grand Cherokee.)

bill

--
bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.