RE: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?

To: "'brad.kahler@141.com'" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: RE: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:55:35 +0200
Cc: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Brad

Thanks for the clarity provided .

You most probably are correct about the price turning good news into bad :-)
Any ideas on a fair price to pay ?

I would love a full syncro box , but Mk 4 Spitfires and gearboxes are , as
almost everything else , unobtainable in SA . :-(
I might be mistaken , but I've read or heard somewhere about a syncro ring
or something for sale that should convert a non-syncro Mk 1 to Mk 3 gearbox
into a full syncro box . Don't know any more about it .

Do I understand correctly , if I obtain a D-type o/d unit to fit to my non
syncro non o/d Mk 1 gearbox , I won't need a new mainshaft , I can use the
mainshaft from the Mk 1 gearbox ? I'm confused as usual :-)

As to the overdrive badge , it looks so nice . I must have one :-)

Kind regards and once again thanks for all the info and advice provided .

Chris de Wet
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa
One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .
'65 TR 4 A IRS ( hopefully soon )
'28 Model A Ford Roadster ( hopefully soon )