RE: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?

To: "'Davies William-qswi646'" <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Subject: RE: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:41:09 +0200charset="ISO-8859-1"
Cc: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill
Thank you .
I'm most interested . Please advise on price and condition of the items that
you are willing to sell .
Unfortunately MGB overdrives are also nearly impossible to find in SA :-(

A company called The Spitfire Graveyard ( in Sheffield UK ) advertised a
Spitfire overdrive conversion kit ( everything included ) for 250 UK Pounds
a while back in Practical Classics ( if I'm not mistaken ) . So I guess the
overdrive unit and mainshaft should be approximately 100 UK pounds if I
purchase from them . Much better than 75 UKP just for a mainshaft from
Kipping . Unfortunately I have had no luck in contacting them . Any ideas or
would you be willing to contact them on my behalf , if they are near enough
to you , please ?

A fellow South African Triumph enthusiast will be visiting the UK during
June . I might be able to persuade him to pick everything up for me if I'm
lucky enough to find it before then .

Kind regards

Chris de Wet
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa
One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .
'65 TR 4 A IRS ( hopefully soon )
'28 Model A Ford Roadster ( hopefully soon )