Hot Idle vs cold idle

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot Idle vs cold idle
From: "G Spencer" <graham_spens@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:46:00 GMT
Can anyone give me a quick idea of how to adjust the hot idle on a ZS.  I
have set the timing with a timing gun, car is running well, but as she heats
up the idle raises from around 700 RPM to 1100.  I have backed the "hot
idle" screw (on butterfly shaft cam, w/spring) all the way out on both
carbs, but they were already most of the way out, so no change.  I've tried
leaning out the mixture by adjusting the needles, no real change.  I'm
thinking it's the tempature compensators (or something like that, the yellow
plastic things)  does that sound likely, or am I just way off base and
adjusting the fluif screw or something?

Thanks,
Graham Spencer
70 TR6
73 TR6

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off
your goal."
- Henry Ford