Re: Hot Idle vs cold idle

To: "G Spencer" <graham_spens@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Idle vs cold idle
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:28:31 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm interested in this topic as it pertains to Weber DGV setups.  In fact, I
was just about to post my own question about this.  I've adjusted my idle to
about 900-950 when the engine is hot, but I'm having trouble with the idle
being too low when the engine is cold.  It hovers around 400-450.  Is there
any way to increase my cold idle speed?  I thought that by opening the choke
a little my idle might increase, but it doesn't.  TIA

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!