RE: TR3 Distributor options.

To: "Adrian Jones" <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Distributor options.
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 09:13:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Adrian,

I ended up buying a rebuilt distributor from TRF 2 years ago.  I
was chasing a problem and decided it was a worn distributor.  I
was wrong.... turned out to be something else.

The unit was actually the earlier distributor used on TR3 thru
early TR4. It was very high quality... completely rebuilt to new.
Give them a try.

Getting a used one to clean up should be quite easy.  I have the
one I took out... but I am not ready to give it up since they
seem to be available from only a few sources.  I kept it instead
of returning for the Core Charge.

However there are many guys on the list that have several parts
cars and have a bunch of these lying around. Some have buildings
full of stuff.  Any TR3-TR4A unit should work.

Can some help Adrian.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site