TR3 Distributor options.

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: TR3 Distributor options.
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 23:58:20 -0400
Yes Folks,
Sadness reigns again in the Jones household.

After about  200 miles since the saga of the "head gasket", the distributor
sees its not getting enough attention and promptly shits the bed - namely
the stuff under the C/B plate (mechanic advance) turned to shrapnel, one of
the larger pieces wedging itself against the distributor camshaft.

The end result being the distributor done a 180 degree turn, like the gal
in the Exorcist after she finished spewing up over everybody.This happened
as I was heading home from work on Friday night, top-down, with some fried
chicken in the trunk and assorted carbonated beverages, singing aloud
"Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina....".

Leisurely perusing the Moss Motors catalog by the side of the road, whilst
waiting for my new, life long friend (the tow truck driver), my despondency
turns to blood-spitting rage as the Truth dawns on me - the only stinking
alternative for a new distributor is the stinking Mallory with TWO stinking
C/B units.  Arrrrgh.  One stinking C/B is enough. Oh, and by the way, you
have to drill somekinda  hole in the $200 thing to make it work.

Please tell me there is a dot com who sells nice new Lucas distributors for
a TR3A, good for another 100,000 miles.  Or, failing that, someone who has
new, full-on (complete) mechanical advance stuff.  Or, a good used
distributor.

Grunt,  Adrian