Followup: Rimmer Bros SS headers

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Followup: Rimmer Bros SS headers
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 17:13:37 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Well I ordered it January and it finally arrived, SS headers and full sports
large bore exhaust, 2 1/4" diameter pipes, with a single silencer for my '71
TR6.  First, let me say how well made it is with a beautiful finish and the
silencer and tailpipe polished to a high luster.  Second the fit, I had
expected problems, have heard that headers could be a bear to install and I
had never tried this before.  Suprize, everything fit, not bending, no
pounding, no cussing.  Third the performance,  well I have a stock engine,
the only other thing I've done is replace the stock air cleaner and housing
with a large K&N setup and replace the fan with an electric one, so I wasn't
expecting any great difference.  However, there is a difference, redline
definitely comes quicker.  There does seem to be a slight "miss" (guess
thats the right term) under hard acceleration that I didn't notice before,
any ideas?  Last the sound, and how sweet it is.  It is louder than stock
but not LOUD like some I've heard (yes I can still hear the radio).
Actually it sounds a lot like a stock system thats been pumping weights and
popping steroids for several months.

John, '71 TR6
Berkeley Springs, WV