Re: GT6+ question -- A/C ??

To: William Hooper <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: GT6+ question -- A/C ??
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 05:12:47 -0600
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net, jones_c@ociweb.com

William Hooper wrote:

> There's no mention of factory A/C option in any parts manuals that I've
> seen.  All the GT6's that came from the dealer with A/C (that I've seen)
> were aftermarket installations that the local dealer had done before selling
> the new car.  There was usually a little sticker somewhere on an interior
> A/C component for "Auto Air of Squeedunk" or whatever.
>
> It may be that there was some supplier to aftermarket A/C firms which made
> "kits" for GT6's.  Most installations I can think of were identical.

This is correct. Mid-`60s Triumphs sold in the US had a
factory-authorized dealer-installed kit produced by a company known as
Vornado (who now only make fans, humidifiers, space heaters and the
like) and was known as "Triumph-Aire." Later models (perhaps TR6 only)
had a different aftermarket kit marketed under the name, "Coolaire," but
this was not a factory-authorized item, and the warranty was supplied by
local dealers.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter