brit car week

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: brit car week
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:12:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Well, back from my really great trip to the Champagne/Urbana, Illinois show,
total miles 1678. Encountered 2 very bad problems with the car (as usual),
the tach made a few cable sounds, so while driving 80 MPH, I just reached up
and disconnected it, about 300 miles from home in a big down pour in the
mountains of W. Penn. & W. Va. the wipers decided to stop, "Rain-X" and
never missed a beat. Dan Masters and I left Urbana about 2:30 EST. I arrived
home @ 3:00 a.m. having driven 786 miles non-stop in the "3", very
comfortable ride (ask Dave Massey). The 3 day party was not only well
planned, but the plans worked as written-up, great time, great people, I
also had the opportunity to meet about 20 more "Team-Net" people. Lots of
fun and a good time even in 4 days of rain, I like the 1.40 per gallon in
Va. compared to the 1.90 in Illinois. "FT"