Starter Ring Gear

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter Ring Gear
From: Michael Graham <mgraham@achilles.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 21:36:56 -0400
I know this has been discussed over the years having searched through the
archives. But here is my question: The ring gear on the TR6 definitely
looks backwards to me, and several people in the archive stated that they
had "reversed" it and reinstalled it with the bevel toward the starter. I
am getting my flywheel resurfaced and am inclined to reverse the ring gear
at the same time to have a "clean surface" next to the starter. Has anyone
on the list done this reversal and what have been the long-term effects?
Any good reasons for not doing it? Any starter engagement problems?

As usual, thanks very much for any assistance.

Cheers, Mike Graham
73 TR6

Michael Graham: mgraham@achilles.net
Tel: 613-258-2901; Fax: 613-258-1819