RE: Spit-Six To Cut or Not to Cut?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spit-Six To Cut or Not to Cut?
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 13:39:24 -0700 (PDT)
Yeah, the window frames are the same... I'm less
concerned with attaching the Spit top than I am with
removing the GT6 one anyway! I know there's a joint
there because as I drive around with my hand out the
window, resing my index finger on that joint, I can
feel movement between the top and the screen frame!

I'm not a welder, but I've also considered "shaving"
the wing tops all around... Seems to me that they
would have done that by design originally except it
would've made for a lot more work on the assembly
line. With that little strip along the top edges, it's
just a bonch of tack welds holding the joint together.
Butt welding all along those joints would have been a
far more labor intensive job.

The more I thought about it though, the more I
realized that those chrome (actally stainless steel)
finisher strips give the car a lot of its personality.

Look at the bonnet of a post '70 GT6 or Spit, and you
see what I mean... the sparkly chrome is part of what
makes a traditional British sportscar in my eyes!

And lastly, I'm not sure that the two sides come
together in a smooth curve at the top edge... I think
there'd be a peak or crease there... is there a crease
along the top of the front wings of you car?

Now I'll have a look at your page... thanks!

http://invites.yahoo.com/