RE: Looking for my old TR3

To: "Glenn Rattmann" <k6na@cts.com>, "Tom Winslow" <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Looking for my old TR3
From: "Phil @ Home" <philpatt@kalamazoo.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 18:49:01 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I don't think they're prepared for some of our older cars....

I entered TS9169LO (The 1956 TR3 My dad once owned and I'm still looking
for) and this was the reply:

"Carfax Check Results
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) you entered is invalid.  Please
check the number for accuracy and try again.  (Click your browser's back
button to re-enter your VIN.)
Hints:
The letters “I”, “O”, and “Q” never appear in a VIN.
The VIN must total exactly 17 characters.
The Carfax database contains information for cars manufactured from 1981
through the present"

Nice thought though.  I've found that some states have a VIN history service
that they will do for a nominal fee.  I'm still waiting to hear back from my
request of the State of Missouri re: TS9169LO (cost, $8 and a stamp).
Those of you trying to find out some history may want to contact the local
DMV and see what options they have.

Also, many (all?) states have a Junkyard requirement, meaning if a car is
junked, that detail is noted.  I hope to find out if Dad's first TR3 is
still on the road or at least when it was sent to the junkyard.

Cheers!

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}
56 TR3  - TS11820-L  {Dad's}
56 TR3  - TS9169-LO {Anyone seen this car? - Last seen in Missouri in 1964}
philpatt@kalamazoo.net
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2890/