Welding Sills, Floors, etc.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Welding Sills, Floors, etc.
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:25:18 -0700 (PDT)
Has anyone here got any auto body welding experience?
I'm curious to know if the $99 welding rig at the
local dept. store will be sufficient for jobs such as
mentioned in the subject line (floors, sills, etc).

It's the kind where you use rods, but then there's
also a $199 version with its own wire feed...

As I come closer to doing the Spit Six, I feel the
need to learn something about welding, though I don't
have the money to buy anything exotic...$99 would be
bearable if its up to the job!

Thanks for any tips.

John Donohoe
'70 GT (for now) 6+ KC 81718