Volta Drop

To: <.jack@cocoinc.com>
Subject: Volta Drop
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 23:37:07 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jack
You have to be 100 yrs old to remember Volta Drops, fortunately I'm at least
that old.
We used these on old Ford hot rods in the late 50's and early60's. The car
was 6 volt so we ran everthing but the starter through the volta drop. This
way we gained the advantage of a 12 volt starter w/o changing everything else
on the car. The 6 volt starter will handle 12 volts for a while and turns
much faster.
You shouldn't have any problem getting six volts on the downstream side of
the unit- try it at 10 amps and see what you get.
Bye the bye what are you using 6 volts on?
Regards,
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar