Re: Volta-Drop

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Volta-Drop
From: Mark Andrew Dickinson <amdickin@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 21:45:36 -0700
Cc: Jack Levy <jack@cocoinc.com>, "Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Depending  on what your little magic black box contains, it may indeed require
a load in order to function.  If that item were just a resistor it would
require a value of only 0.6 Ohms (=voltage dropped (6) / current) and need to
be rated at 60 Watts (=Volts*Current).  In short it would border on the size of
a football and make a great space heater.  If the current goes up so does the
size.  A 5 Ohm resistor rated at 10 Wats is typically encased in an extruded
aluminum shell about 0.5 x 0.5 x 2.5 inches.  Got any more details?

Good luck,
Mark Dickinson
Calgary, Alberta