turn signal indicator light probs.

To: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Subject: turn signal indicator light probs.
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 19:07:27 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Mike Barron"
>A friend with a TR3 wonders why his dash turn signal indicator works fine
when signaling right, but only flashes once when indicating left.  He has
replaced the flasher, and signals work fine otherwise.  Can you help?

Appreciated,

Mike Barron
<

Mike,

Slow or non flashing is a symptom of too low current draw by the turn
signals.  The flasher is carefully engineered to behave this way.  Either a
bulb is the wrong size, near the end of its life, or has a poor ground.
Even though the signals appear to work normally a carefull examination may
show that one or more bulbs are less bright than the ones that do work
normally.

Things to try:  Check all the grounds.  Replace the bulbs.  Check the bulb
sockets for corrosion.  Check all wiring connections.

My TR6 has slow turn signals and I have traced it to corroded lamp housings
which generate a one volt drop in the earth connection.  It doesn't take
much.

Dave