July 4th Parade Update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: July 4th Parade Update
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:51:32 EDT
List,

It was fun....our small town parade with 5 British cars amidst old fire
engines, antique delivery trucks, etc.  Setting the snail's pace was the
group of brownies (pre girl scouts) walking in front of us.....one of our
club guy's TR250 overheated and promptly stalled but was pushed to a start by
eager onlookers and given a big cheer...my Spit's gauge hovered a little
above midpoint; everyone else finished the roughly one mile in good shape.

But, the biggest kick were the cheers and shouts from the crowds....so much
excitment to see our little cars.....it was kinda like a car show in
motion....and since the onlookers were at least 10 feet away, even my paint
looked good!

So, if your town has a parade next year, jump in & enjoy:)

Cheers,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (basking in the sun!)