Shaking Spitfire

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shaking Spitfire
From: "Leif..." <leffe@mbox313.swipnet.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:26:14 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a -73 Spitfire that suddenly have started to vibrate very violently when
accelerating over 70-80km/h (50mph). If I let go of the pedal the vibrations
almost
dissapear. I can feel the vibrations when running at third gear but they get
realy
strong when hitting the fourth gear and still running at almost the same speed.
But the point beeing that they do not only appear using the fourth gear.

I have checked the wheels and the universal joints ( and replaced the U.J for
the driveshafts)
So I guess it has to be the differantial or the gearbox.
Does anyone have any tips on how I determine which one it is, or if it is
something else.

Leif...