Shaking Spitfire

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shaking Spitfire
From: "Leif..." <leffe@mbox313.swipnet.se>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 20:37:04 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
First, thanks for your answers.

I have already tried with another set of wheels with no change in behavior.
Besides, if
it was the wheels the vibrations should only be related to speed, not dependent
on
acceleration.

If I travel at a speed that gives a lot of vibrations and then depress the
clutch pedal. Most
of the vibrations dissapear, not all though, even if I maintain the rpm on the
engine.
In this case everything is spinning in more or less the same speed as before I
pressed
the clutch. With the only difference beeing that no power is translated to the
wheels.
As soon as I let go of the clutch and give a little gas, maintaining speed is
enough,
the vibrations is back. And they are violent I might add.

The propshaft is of the strap drive type, so no problems with sliding splines.
Maybe the U.J. on the prop shaft, they seems to be fine though. No noticeable
wear when
pushing and pulling the propshaft like crazy.

Engine mountings are fine..

Well, the search continue.

Leif...

(sorry for all spelling errors. English never where my favorite subject in
school.)