Re: TR3 and TR4 Motors

To: Pat <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 and TR4 Motors
From: "Michael Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 22:01:21 -0400
Hi Pat,
I have dropped a TR4 motor into a TR3. Everything is the same except the
front mounting plate. Some of the ancillaries are different. ie intake,
exhaust, valve cover. In 1984 I found out the hard way that the front plate
was different. I rebuilt this nice TR4 engine, painted nice and was lowering
it in and the front engine mounts would not mate. So out it came. The real
pain of it was, the plate sits behind the timing chain, so all of that had
to come off to exchange it for my old TR3 plate.
Cheers,
Mike Thompson