Sparkplug wires

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sparkplug wires
From: J&E <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:11:30 -0500
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 08:02:08 -0700
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@Home.com>

    Hi everybody; Does anyone know of a source for the spark plug wire
number decals for a 6 cylinder? VB lists a set for the 4. I'd like to
use a
set on my TR250. Thanks, Jerry Oliver, Olympia, WA.
-----------------
Hi List & Jerry!
        I took some "White out" [you should really use paint] & placed a "dot"
on each end of the spark plug wire where the spark plug is. Use the
"dot" confuguration as seen on a pair of dice. Then do the same
configeration on the distributor cap in the order the dizzy rotates. I
got razed by a couple of club members about what the "dots" were for. My
reply is: Now if I decide to have a beer or so when working on the car,
I can play "Connect the Dots" & not worry about the firing order. They
all laugh. I really don't know if it's the way I say it, the idea of
some members putting the wires on in the wrong firing order, or the idea
of drinking while working on the car. I know None of you guys would ever
dream of having any alchol while working on you treasure car :>), but
it's interesting to see more cars in our car club show showing up with
"dots" on their spark plug wires & distrubtor. In fact one member said
his mechanic is doing it.
        Oh well, it's just a suggestion, but it's a great "icebreaker" to get
people to talk to you about your car! :>)
-Cosmo Kramer