GT-6 (TR-6?) electrical question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT-6 (TR-6?) electrical question
From: Aribert_Neumann@mail.magna.on.ca
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:13:49 -0400

My '71 GT-6 has two electrical wires going to the ballast resistor.  One wire
supplies 12+ volt to the resistor (color is beige (may have been white or tan).
THe second wire (also colored beige) is coupled with the ballast resistor output
wire (coil supply voltage).  I assumed that the wire that couples with the
ballast resistor output supplies a full 12+volt to the coil when cranking the
engine - correct?

On my car the second wire that ties in at the ballast resistor output does not
have any voltage at all when disconnected from the resistor and the key is in
the crank mode.  Assuming that this is wrong where does this supply wire get its
current from (my Bentley's manual does not even show the ballast resistor in the
electrical diagram.   Please help.  For those of you that bought a copy of Dan
Master's electrical book - any insight?   I assume the GT-6 and TR-6 electrical
systems must be the same in this respect.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This message contains information which may be privileged
or confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
NOTIFIED that any dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by calling our office at (905) 669-2888
or by return e-mail at info@decoma.com, Attention:  General Counsel.