plastic window material

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: plastic window material
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:25:09 EDT
Adrian,
I sewed in my own plastic rear windows on the TR4 (bought plastic sheet from
car uphostery shop for about $25 back in 1975 or so) Sewed in the new plastic
then cut out the old (otherwise you'll lose the shape)
I only broke about 8 sewing machine needles and when I finally got the
stitching moving along I left a trail of stitches that look like a drunk ant
trail ... but it did hold up perfectly for the past 25 years!
ps; You need industrial strength needles and thread and get black thread as
it is much more forgiving (visually) on a black softtop unlike the industrial
white thread I used!

Carl Sereda
'64 TR4 since '74

<<Hi Folks,
Does anyone know of a mail order source for the plastic material used in
convertible top windows?
One of my LBC's has a rip in one of the windows and I think I could put in
another one using my wife's sewing machine if I could get some of the
plastic.
Thankee,
Adrian>>