Re: (more) brake and clutch rebuilding questions

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (more) brake and clutch rebuilding questions
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:34:03 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
A technique I used with great success was to force air from my shop vac
(which also doubles as a leaf blower) through the M/C opening after I had
poured denatured alcohol inside, opening one bleeder valve at a time (in the
same order as bleeding the brakes) and forcing the alcohol through each line
in turn.  The air from the leaf blower was totally dry and I'd let it run a
good minute or so after seeing the last drop of alcohol fall out of each
bleeder.  Full details of the DOT 5 switchover are provided on my website.
As I recall, however, I rebuilt my M/C *after* I flushed the system with the
alcohol. Everything has been working perfectly ever since.  I'm looking
forward to replacing my clutch fluid with DOT 5 next.  Well, I shouldn't say
"looking forward" since that will also include a rebuild of the clutch M/C
and S/C.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!