Re: New J-type O/D for my TR6 - & questions

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New J-type O/D for my TR6 - & questions
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:52:35 -0400
Randall Young wrote:

> Brian :
>
> Just for my own curiosity, would you mind explaining why activating the
> solenoid without the unit turning is harmful ?  I've never seen a J-type
> (likely never will), but I thought it was basically similar to the A-type,
> with hydraulic clutches, etc.
>
> Randall
>
> On Thursday, July 13, 2000 2:18 PM, Power British Performance Parts, Inc. [
> >
> > There is no problem driving the trans/OD from the tailshaft as long as
> you are
> > turning it in the right direction.

No problem with activating it running or not.  I think Eric mentioned someone
told him not to do that, but he didn't say who said so.

There's no reason that the tranny needs to be spinning - I just suggested a
simple way to do a running test.  The solenoid on the J doesn't make the loud
click that the A does, and all it's vital parts are internal and not visible
when installed, so the easiest way to confirm that all is well is to do the
running test.

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff
Power British