Re: Tampa Area TRs

To: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Tampa Area TRs
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:45:08 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Dan Orie" <dorie@stetson.edu> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by " Philip Smith"
>I'll agree with Dan Orie also, but I would correct that to middle of
October
to late April, maybe early May, great weather. August and early September
really suck, although the last week of June my wife insisted we stay at the
beach for a week(Indian Shores) Although it rained a couple of days, there
was a great ocean breeze the whole time, it was very comfortable . the
Margarita's and Corona flowed freely.
Phil smith
TR6
<

I seem to have started something.

I hear it all the time from our friends along the souther border:
"The winters are wonderful" (never mind that the summers are a bear.
Remember, the heaters in these LBC's work better than the AC systems)
"The evenings are lovely for a top down drive" (which means the sun went
down and you can finally come out from under that rock)
"Its not so bad here" (if you live on the beach)
"I don't even own a snow shovel" (what about the poodle sized cockroaches?)

I gave the false impression (inadvertantly) that I live in the Pacific
Northwest (I actually intended to say I was looking forward to my pending
trip to VTR).  I live in St. Louis where we endure two to three months of
hot/humid weather.  It amazes me what some folks will do to avoid cold.  I
guess it is a matter of personal preferences.  I tolerate cold weather much
better than hot (My wife, on the other hand...) But if I had to endure six
months of summer I would move north.

Dave (I too drive my LBC's in February) Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3 (Heater, no side curtains)
71 TR6 (heater, roll up windows)
80 TR8 (Heater, non-functional AC (so far) and roll up windows) (and canvas
top)

P.S. I would love to live in the Pacific Northwest.

P.P.S. Or the moutains