RE: Tampa Area TRs

To: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Tampa Area TRs
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 06:02:48 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Randall Young
>FWIW, I thoroughly agree, I would much rather live near St. Louis than
near
Tampa, especially up in the Ozark hills.  But, I think near LA is even
better.  I don't even own a ragtop for my TR3 daily driver, the hardtop
hasn't been down out of the rafters for many years, and I haven't been cold

enough to put the heater back in for about 5 years now.  It's never
unbearably hot/humid, although we do get about 2 weeks each summer where I
try to avoid the noon sun, and it never gets so cold that a leather jacket
isn't enough, even at night.  Of course, the downside is the smog ... I
guess no place is perfect !

Y'know, I just thought of something.  Does it rain in Portland in August ?
 I may have a problem ...

Randall
<

I have heard the San Diego area described as having the Ideal climate.  As
you say, dry, warm consistant weather.  The down side is it attracts a LOT
of people and the resultant smog and high property values (great if you are
selling).

If it does rain it won't rain for very long.  Bring a Technalon cover (or
borrow mine).  I am told that the winters are cool and rainy and the
summers are dry and warm.  But like all weather prognostications...

Dave