Re: Pickup Car

To: the.hubbards@home.com
Subject: Re: Pickup Car
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:44:12 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/15/00 5:35:12 PM EST, 105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

Message text written by The Hubbards
>  ...but to my
>  surprise she suddenly slammed it from fourth to third at 70km/hr and
>  floored it; in no time we were accelerating hard past 110 and I had to
>  tell her to slow down (the limit was 70).  She was grinning like an
>  idiot. This normally taciturn kid then spent about and hour on the phone
>  to her friends telling them all about it.  I hope I haven't made a
>  mistake letting her drive it....

Mistake? Sounds to me like you've done us all a great favor in properly
introducing the next generation to the joy of these cars. But I do have some
questions? First, how old IS this daughter of yours (No, I'm not looking for
a date or anything), and how is it that she knows how to "slam it from fourth
to third at 70km/hr and floor it"? I mean, so few of today's new drivers even
know what a manual gearbox is let alone how to use it. It would appear to me
that, perhaps, Dad himself has "created the monster" and should be proud!

But like Dave suggested, know where the keys are at all times. ;-)

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant
Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>
herald948@aol.com