TR3A finally painted

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A finally painted
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:26:16 EDT
Listers,

I took a few days off from work to finish painting my 59 TR3A.  I kept the
color the original Silverstone Grey and used a two part single stage paint
from PPG called DC Concept.  I sprayed all of the body and panels off of the
chassis.  Very forgiving paint, much like laquer in that you can sand out
your mistakes.  Don't sand too much or you will have to re-coat as I am doing
on part of the trunk lid.  Considering this is the first time that I have
tried anything like this since I was 17 years old, it actually looks quite
nice.  BTW, many thanks to the lister who suggested mounting furnace filters
in the door frame and venting the garage with a fan in a window.  Between the
filters and keeping the floor damp, the finish was virtually dust free and
overspray was vented nicely ( on to my company car I might add)  .  Be aware
that the overspray travels quite far, especially if there is a breeze.

Friday night I coerced some of my neighbors into helping me lift the body
onto the chassis.  Saturday and Sunday were spent sanding and buffing the
finish.  It sure is great to have the body on the chassis instead of rolling
around on the wooden frame as it has for the past two years.

Now if I can just convince my loving wife as to the need to purchase some of
the good buys in the TRF sale....Hmmmm

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS58399 (not just garage clutter)