Re: TR6 PI air cleaner bracket question

To: tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us
Subject: Re: TR6 PI air cleaner bracket question
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:43:03 -0700
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net

Tony,

The plenum chamber is attached to the right side motor mount.  The motor mount
use four bolts:  two at bottom and two at top.  For the PI cars, the top two
bolts are replaced by two studs.  The motor mount is secured with a nut and
washer.  A bracket secures the plenum to the motor  mount.  The bracket attaches
to the two tabs on the bottom of the plenum and is secured to the motor mount
studs with another set of nuts.  The bracket is roughly 'U' shaped.  Look at the
TRF  diagram BX in their TR6 catalog.  Check out items 19, 15, 17,18, 20 & 21.

Glad to see that the conversion is coming along fine.  It will be great to have
another Lucas PI on the road in America.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 PI, CP51649

The installation of the replacement PI system is going well (all the major
systems are in place), but the manuals do not seem to show where/how the
plenum chamber (the long round bit that connects to the trumpets) is
attched to the block.  We do not have a bracket (but do have some strip
steel that will allow us to fabricate one, once we work out to attach it to!).