RE: Triumph hardware catalog is ready!

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Triumph hardware catalog is ready!
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:35:47 -0700

On Monday, July 17, 2000 2:46 PM, Don Sforza [SMTP:dsforza@megahits.com]
wrote:

> Sincere thanks for a really nice job. I always likes TRF because they
kept
> the original part numbers... now I can cross reference specs with the
part
> numbers and get the hardware locally (I do NOT like paying $.25 for a
nickel
> washer!!!).

Just want to point out to everyone : Although the equivalent part from the
local hardware store may work, it frequently will look different, and may
not fit as well.  Case in point : most of the body bolts on a TR3 have
pointed ends, to make them easier to insert through two layers of sheet
metal into a captive nut.  You can buy 1/4-28 bolts at the HW store, but
they won't have the pointed ends.  Washers also are rarely available in
exactly the right ID, OD, thickness and material.  TRF goes to great
lengths to get everything 'right', so at least there's a reason they charge
"$.25 for a nickel washer".

Just my $.02 ($.20 from TRF) worth
Randall