TR6 exhaust and a clutch fork observation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 exhaust and a clutch fork observation
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:40:58 -0400
Took the time today to cut the old exhaust system off my car (lying under
the car using a hacksaw) wondering why I let my erstwhile muffler buddy put
the muffler on last time. The goofy guy welded it on. I bought a stainless
steel system 2 years ago ( on sale) and will        install it soon. Now I
know why I've always tried to do my own work- so I know what the result is
going to be- it's done like I want it to be.
Now, I realize that most of todays systems are welded together, but give me
a break, this isn't your Father's '87 Olds 88.
Also, I took out the clutch fork pin, and whereas I had renewed it in 1981,
today it is scarred and chewed up. No wonder these things break. Of course,
my new fork and cross-shaft has had a roll-pin inserted. Let's see if  if
the fork can budge on the shaft now!
Am currently downloading the Triumph hardware catalog and, man, is it
taking forever. Guess everybody is jumping on it at the same time.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 undergoing rebuild during drive season( go figure)