I'm scared of my daemon GT6

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm scared of my daemon GT6
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:24:40 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi all  GT and spit 6'ers:

Has anyone else recently been scared of their cars?  I am.  Here's why...

Notwithstanding the racing crash of '98 during vintage competition racing, I
have not really driven the car "hard" as it now has a parts car motor, diff
from Joe C, and trans from Ken M in Edmonton.  However, lately I have been
driving the car daily, and it is developing a personality that I am scared
of.

This damn car will REALLY do 50 mph in 1st gear and it likes it!!!!  When I
raced this particular motor (parts car origin) it was not happy and began
dropping oil pressure -something it does not  now do.  It is almost if it
WANTS to be driven hard.  Can anybody concur?  The harder I drive the car,
the better it gets.... and this scares me considering what I have put it
through and that I can but another for cheap.  I am wondering my car has
resurrected the should of its'  former racing self in the 70's or if my
imagination is getting the best of me.  As it is,    it seems more and more
willing to accept and respond to full throttle   than ever before.

Have I inherited (created?)  MONSTER?

Dave T
Winnipeg