Re: SU Carb Tuning

Subject: Re: SU Carb Tuning
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:42:19 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
SU HS6s used a tube from the float bowl to the jet, eliminating both the
rubber float bowl bushings and the jet seals, and were fitted by the
factory to TR4As.

In addition to being lower maintenance, they flow better and are
shorter, leaving more room for performance air cleaners and intake
manifolds.  The TR4A intake manifold was also improved.

The conversion is something of a pain, though, as the throttle and choke
linkages are different.

Randall
59 TR3A  -  with a pair of HS6s and a TR4A manifold sitting on the shelf
(no, they're not for sale)