Re: SU H6s

To: slantws@Home.com, ebk@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: SU H6s
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:01:43 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@Home.com>
>To: "J&E" <ebk@buffnet.net>
>CC: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: SU H6s
>Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:34:49 -0700
>
>Cosmo and list.
>  I was just curious as I had a hard time figuring out the routing based on
>what's available reproduction. So many cars have been modified with flex
>hose etc., I just wondered if anyone had the original layout. I had to use
>the clamps that are for the electrical harness on the front upper valance,
>and make up a steel line. Does your TR4A have hoses designed to be pushed
>on
>without clamps?  I remember that on my first TR4A back in the mid 60s, but
>it had Strombergs. Jerry.

  Jerry,

    I'm not sure I can help. I have HS6s on my TR4 (not the stock
    application... my `4 came with SZs which were wrong for the car
    given its number). The fellow I bought the HS6s from sold
    everything, including the manifold, to me for $20. The carbs came
    with tubing with wire spring clamps on them (the hoses had been cut
    off). Before converting to braided steel lines (which required
    adapting the float bowl lids) I continued to use the wire spring
    clamps.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)